Not that you could possibly be bored with The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, but if you’re looking to add to the show a little bit of excitement and danger (because let’s face it, short of a massive power surge literally exploding your television, The Late Show is pretty safe), then try out our Late Show with Stephen Colbert drinking game!
So here’s how you play: grab a can, bottle, glass or sippy cup of your favourite beverage (remember, it doesn’t need to be alcoholic to have fun! Ginger ale can be the foundation for a wild evening). We’re going to provide you with a list of things that may happen on the show. When those things happen, take the suggested amount of sips for maximum enjoyment of The Late Show with Stephen Colbert. Time to get started!
Take one sip when:
- An unannounced guest appears (if it’s a group of guests, use your judgment – you don’t want to be falling asleep before the opening sequence because a group like Arcade Fire or the cast of Survivor: Cambodia showed up).
- Stephen makes the first Donald Trump joke of the evening (again, it’s The Late Show, you’ll be sleepy enough as it is).
- Stephen makes reference to CBS having literal ownership of him.
- Stephen pulls someone/something from under his desk.
- A guest panders to the audience.
- The first time you hear a rippin’ melodica solo, courtesy of Jon Batiste.
- Stephen addresses his director Jim “Jimmy” Hoskinson directly.
Take two sips when:
- Stephen addresses Jimmy Fallon personally through the camera.
- The Hungry For Power segment begins, and Stephen has purple eyebrows.
- Stephen gets out from behind his desk during an interview.
- Stephen yells “JEB!” (bonus third sip if Jon Batiste yells with him).
- Stephen references having pretended to be someone else for nine years.
- Jon Batiste dances around the audience with his keytar (you’ve got to be quick to notice – it only happens during commercials!).
Take a big gulp when:
- Every time a Canadian guest appears on the show.
- Stephen comes out wearing a red tie, white shirt and blue suit.
- Something obviously unscripted happens!
Feel free to add your own! Send in suggestions! And don’t forget, try it out for tonight’s show, featuring actress Gina Rodriguez, economist Ben Bernanke and a musical performance by Tame Impala, 11:35 et/pt on Global!