Your browser is out of date and may not properly display all features on this and other websites.
Update your browser for a better experience on GlobalTV.com.
The Cleveland Show
Mar 06 2012, 04:44 PM by Karen Wilkinson
Attention Survivor fans! Starting Wednesday, March 7 you can enter to win a trip for two to the finale of Survivor: One World in New York!
To enter, you'll need a Twitter account. Once you have that, all you have to do is tweet a Survivor-game-changing moment using the hashtag #KiaSurvivorMoment. You can enter once per day.
Get a bonus entry by retweeting the game-changing moment tweeted by the account @KiaDriveChange.
Full contest rules and regulations can be found below. Happy tweeting and good luck!
“KIA” “SURVIVOR” MOMENT CONTEST RULES
THE “KIA” “SURVIVOR” MOMENT CONTEST (THE “CONTEST”) IS INTENDED TO BE CONDUCTED IN CANADA ONLY AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO APPLICABLE CANADIAN LAW. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. PARTICIPANTS MUST BE OF THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR PROVINCE OR TERRITORY OF RESIDENCE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID IN WHOLE OR PART WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONTEST RULES (THE “CONTEST RULES”).
1. ELIGIBILITY. To be eligible for this Contest, an individual must:
(a) be a legal resident of Canada (excluding the province of Quebec);
(b) be of the age of majority in his/her province or territory of residence or older at the time of entry; and
(c) must have authorized Twitter account.
Employees of Shaw Television Limited Partnership, Kia Canada Inc. and ZenithOptimedia (collectively, the "Sponsors"), their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, advertising and promotional agencies, and the household members of any of the above, are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
The Sponsors shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to the Sponsors for the purpose of the Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant should such an entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
2. CONTEST PERIOD. The Contest begins at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) on Wednesday, March 7, 2012 and ends at 11:59 p.m. EST on Wednesday, April 4, 2012 (the "Contest Period") after which time the Contest will be closed and no further entries shall be accepted.
3. HOW TO ENTER.
(a) There is no purchase necessary to enter the Contest. Enter using the method of entry outlined below. No entries will be accepted by any other means.
(i) To enter, entrants must tweet from their Twitter account a “Survivor” game changing moment and within the tweet, the following hash-tag, #KiaSurvivorMoment, must be stated; and
(ii) Entrants that visit @KiaDriveChange on Twitter and re-tweet the weekly “Survivor” game changing moment posted by @KiaDriveChange will receive an additional entry.
(b) Limit of one (1) entry and one (1) additional entry per person per 24-hour period during the Contest Period. In the case of multiple entries, only the first eligible entry will be considered.
(c) All entries become the sole property of the Sponsors. Entries must be received no later than the end of the Contest Period. Entries will be declared invalid if they are late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, mutilated, forged, garbled or mechanically or electronically reproduced. No communication or correspondence will be exchanged with entrants except with those selected for a Finalist Prize or Grand Prize.
(d) Entries received online shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the Twitter account associated with the original entry. For clarity, re-tweets of the original entry shall not be considered an entry. For the purpose of the Contest Rules, “authorized account holder" of the Twitter account is defined as the natural person who is assigned to the Twitter account by Twitter. Each selected entrant may be required to provide the Sponsors with proof that the selected entrant is the authorized account holder of the Twitter account associated with the winning entry.
(a) Finalist Prizes. There are five (5) finalist prizes (“Finalist Prizes”, each a “Finalist Prize”) available to be won by the Contest finalists (“Finalists”, each a “Finalist”) consisting of a Finalist Prize pack which shall include Kia and/or Shaw swag, (exact contents to be determined by Sponsors). Each Finalist Prize has an approximate value of fifty dollars (CDN $50.00). Finalists are not entitled to monetary difference between actual Finalist Prize value and stated approximate Finalist Prize value, if any.
(b) Grand Prize. There is one (1) grand prize (“Grand Prize) available to be won by the Grand Prize winner (“Grand Prize Winner”) consisting of a trip for two (2) to New York, New York which shall include:
(i) round-trip economy airfare for the Grand Prize Winner and his/her guest (the “Guest”) leaving together from the same gateway from a Canadian International airport closest to winner’s home (Vancouver, Calgary, Regina, Winnipeg, Toronto, Montreal, Halifax or St. John’s) to New York, New York;
(ii) ground transportation for the Grand Prize Winner and Guest to and from the airport and hotel and to and from the hotel and studios in New York, New York;
(iii) Two (2) nights hotel accommodation to be selected by Sponsors in their sole discretion for the Grand Prize Winner and Guest based on double occupancy; and
(iv) admission for two (2) to the taping of the “Survivor” finale at the studios on or around May 13, 2012.
(c) The Grand Prize has an approximate value of five thousand dollars (CDN$5,000). Actual value of Grand Prize will depend on departure city. Grand Prize Winner is not entitled to monetary difference between actual Grand Prize value and stated approximate Grand Prize Value, if any.
(d) Grand Prize and Finalist Prizes will be distributed within ten (10) business days after Grand Prize Winner and each Finalist Prize Winner has been successfully contacted and notified of his/her Prize and fulfilled the requirements set out herein.
(e) Grand Prize Winner and his/her Guest must be available to travel and participate in the “Survivor” finale taping from May 10, 2012 through May 14, 2012. Should Grand Prize Winner and Guest be unable to travel and participate on the dates and times designated by the Sponsors, the Grand Prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Grand Prize Winner and Guest will be responsible for transportation to and from originating airport, travel and medical insurance, travel documentation, airport improvement fees, bag check fees, taxes, gratuities, telephone calls, in-room charges and any other expense not explicitly included in the Grand Prize.
(f) If the “Survivor” finale is canceled, rescheduled or if for any reason, Sponsors are unable to provide the visit to the finale, the Sponsor shall have no further obligation to the Grand Prize Winner and Guest other than to supply the trip to New York, New York within one (1) year from date of winner notification, minus attendance at “Survivor” finale and ground transfers to and from hotel to studio.
(g) Guest must comply with the Contest Rules and sign and return the Release (described below).
(h) Grand Prize and Finalist Prizes are hereafter collectively referred to as “Prize” or “Prizes”. Grand Prize Winner and Finalist Prize Winners are hereafter collectively referred to as a “Winner” or “Winners”.
(i) Prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsors. Any unused portion of a Prize will be forfeited and have no cash value. The Sponsors reserve the right, in its and their sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if a Prize (or any portion thereof) cannot be awarded for any reason.
(j) Shipped Prizes shall not be insured and the Sponsors shall not assume any liability for lost, damaged or misdirected Prizes.
5. WINNER SELECTION.
Five (5) Finalists and one (1) Grand Prize Winner shall be selected as follows:
(a) Every Monday during the Contest Period around 5:00 p.m. EST in Toronto, Ontario, one (1) entrant will be selected by a random draw for a Finalist Prize from all eligible entries received to date during the Contest Period. On April 9, 2012 at 1:00 p.m. EST in Toronto, Ontario, one (1) entrant will be selected by a random draw for the Grand Prize from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Each entrant shall be eligible to win only one (1) Prize. The odds of being selected as a potential winner are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received by the Sponsors. Before being declared a Winner, the selected entrant shall be required to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered during a pre-arranged telephone call or by e-mail, to comply with the Contest Rules and sign and return the Release (described below).
(b) EACH SELECTED ENTRANT WILL BE NOTIFIED BY PRIVATE TWITTER MESSAGE NO LATER THAN APRIL 16, 2012 AT 1:00 P.M. EST AND MUST RESPOND WITHIN TWO (2) BUSINESS DAYS OF NOTIFICATION. Upon notification, the selected entrant must respond by private Twitter message or e-mail to the Twitter contact or e-mail address provided in the notification and the selected entrant’s response must be received by the Sponsors within two (2) business days of such notification. If the selected entrant does not respond in accordance with the Contest Rules, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive a Prize and another entrant may be selected in the Sponsors’ sole discretion until such time as an entrant satisfies the terms set out herein. The Sponsors are not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a selected entrant to receive notification or for the Sponsors to receive a selected entrant’s response.
(c) If, as a result of an error relating to the entry process, drawing or any other aspect of the Contest, there are more selected entrants than contemplated in these Contest Rules, there will be a random draw amongst all eligible Prize claimants after the Contest’s closing date to award the correct number of Prizes.
6. RELEASE. Winners and Guest will be required to execute a legal agreement and release (“Release”) that confirms Winners’ and Guest’s: (i) eligibility for the Contest and compliance with these Contest Rules; (ii) acceptance of the Prizes as offered; (iii) release of each of the Sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and/or related companies and each of their employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, sponsors, administrators, licensees, representatives, advertising, media buying and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out of participation in the Contest, participation in any Contest-related activity or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any Prize, including but not limited to costs, injuries, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom; and (iv) grant to the Sponsors of the unrestricted right, in the Sponsors’ collective or individual discretion, to produce, reproduce, publish, broadcast, communicate by telecommunication, exhibit, distribute, adapt and otherwise use or re-use the Winners’ and Guest’s name, photograph, likeness, voice and biography, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in connection with the Contest and the promotion and exploitation thereof. The executed Release must be returned within two (2) business days of the date indicated on the accompanying letter of notification or the verification as a Winner or the selected entrant will be disqualified and the Prize forfeited.
7. INDEMNIFICATION BY ENTRANT. By entering the Contest, entrant releases and holds Releasees harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the entrant or any other person, including personal injury, death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Prize, participation in the Contest, any breach of the Contest Rules, or in any Prize-related activity. The entrant agrees to fully indemnify Releasees from any and all claims by third parties relating to the Contest, without limitation.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. The Sponsors assume no responsibility or liability for lost, late, unintelligible/illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected or incomplete entries, notifications, responses, replies or any Release, or for any computer, online, software, telephone, hardware or technical malfunctions that may occur, including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an entry. The Sponsors are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest. The Sponsors assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsors are not responsible for any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, e-mail, players, or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing. The Sponsors are not responsible for any injury or damage to entrant or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Contest. Entrant assumes liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participating in the Contest, or by the acceptance, possession, use of, or failure to receive any Prize. The Sponsors assume no responsibility or liability in the event that the Contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasons beyond the control of the Sponsors, such as infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, and/or the Contest Rules Website.
9. CONDUCT. By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by the Contest Rules, which will be posted at http://glbl.tv/yNp4bu (the “Contest Rules Website”) throughout the Contest Period. Entrant further agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsors, which shall be final and binding in all respects. The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant found to be: (a) violating the Contest Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest and/or the Contest Rules Website; (c) violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of any Shaw Media Inc. property or service; and/or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE CONTEST RULES WEBSITE OR ANY RELATED WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. Grand Prize Winner and Guest must at all times behave appropriately when taking part in the studio audience during the live taping of the “Survivor” finale and observe the Contest Rules and any other rules or regulations in force at the studios and other locations. The Sponsors reserve the right to remove from the studio premises or the hotel any Grand Prize Winner and/or Guest who breaks such rules and/or fails to behave appropriately and to disqualify such Grand Prize Winner and/or Guest.
10. PRIVACY / USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
(a) By participating in the Contest, entrant: (i) grants to the Sponsors the right to use his/her name, mailing address, telephone number, and e-mail address (“Personal Information”) for the purpose of administering the Contest, including but not limited to contacting and announcing the Winners; (ii) grants to the Sponsors the right to use his/her Personal Information for publicity and promotional purposes relating to the Contest, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, without further compensation unless prohibited by law]; and (iii) acknowledges that the Sponsors may disclose his/her Personal Information to third-party agents and service providers of any of the Sponsors in connection with any of the activities listed in (i) and (ii) above.
11. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsors and/or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited. SHAW MEDIA is a trade-mark of Shaw Cablesystems G.P., used under licence.
12. TERMINATION. Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, and/or modify, amend or suspend the Contest, and/or the Contest Rules in any way, at any time, for any reason without prior notice.
14. LANGUAGE DISCREPANCY. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
This series follows a new elite federalized task force on a mission to stop the
crime that washes up on Hawaii’s sun-drenched beaches.
Bomb Girls draws viewers deep into 1942, in the thick of the war with its music,
fashion, romance and the thrill of being alive in dangerous times.